Notes from a knitting mom

Notes from a knitting mom

Monday, May 3, 2010

Soon but so far

Well I got a good phone call this morning from my Dentist, they had a cancellation and wanted to know if I wanted to take it and I was very happy to do that. But its not till tomorrow morning! Ugh still in pain, but at least I will get in tomorrow instead of Wednesday. So one more sleep till I get to find out the damage. I know its my fault because I haven't been in 4 years! But that's because the last time I went was very traumatic! I went to a dentist that I had never been to before but was the only one that my state insurance would pay for. I had 4 cavities (I have very very thin enamel) and they filled them with out giving me anything to numb me! Yes thats right they drilled into my 4 teeth with out Novocaine no laughing gas nothing! So yeah I was terrified to ever go back! Well in the 4 years since I went, that dentist has gone out of business and the insurance has given me a new place to go. Now hopefully they will be kind with me but the only reason I am overcoming this HUGE fear of the dentist is because I'm in soooooooooooo much pain! I'm telling you I have been living on tylenol and using ice packs 24 hours a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment