Notes from a knitting mom

Notes from a knitting mom

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hello world

Hello world,

So I thought I should start a little blog about my life as a knitter trying to make it in the world threw www.cozyknitsforyou.etsy.com

I learned how to knit from my mom when I was 8 years old but didn’t do anything more then the scarf I learned on. Then I picked it up again when I was 12, but quit after making a few sweaters for my stuffed bears. Then when I was 24 I picked up the needles for good this time and have been hooked ever since.

My knitting really took off when I became pregnant with my now 2 and a half year old daughter. She was born 8 week premature so I got really good a knitting tiny hats she was 3lbs 5ozs at birth and her head was the size of an orange.

My daughter one day old

But now she is a giant! she is over 3 feet tall and weighs 29 lbs so she didn’t stay small for long.

my daughter and I now

So being a stay at home mom in the beginning was tough with such a small and fragile life to look after that I would knit to distress. Now I knit to stay sane! She is such a hand full, completely fearless and stubborn are her top traits and oh what a fiery mix that can be!

So I like my little knitting projects because then tend to be quick and they mold to my will unlike the people in my life ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment